Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Art 254 - 21st Birthday Dinner Invitations

So at first I was trying to design around having shot glasses with the invitation type contained within the shadow of the glasses... Originally I was going to have different type of alcohol drink glasses but had trouble finding separate images that would match.

I pushed some very vibrant colors with this concept... The vibrant colors didn't get very good reviews as they portrayed more of a beach party theme instead of the 21st birthday party I was trying to achieve. Below are two samples I had of the shot glass & shadow concept.


I still wanted to try making a concept where I would fit text into a square box. I first tried hand rendering the text. I like how the bottom half looks but the top part looks a bit static to me...

Then I completely changed my dinner invitations... I decided to go away from the colored shot glasses and take images of my own.

I still wanted to go with the text fitted into a box concept, however my hand rendered type wasn't as effective as I had envisioned, so I tried it out on the computer and took out the letter I's in invited to be replaced by images of shot glasses...

I am pretty happy with how this part came out so far... I am not sure though if I want to keep the tight leading or should I give the lines some to breathe?

Next I added some color to help with hierarchy since I had some of the lines laying right on top of each other. I also photoshopped the shot glasses and removed the las vegas logo.


I tried moving some of the type around and playing with different locations to place some of the text. I added some details in the bottom and thought it'd be good to include info regarding what the party was for.


In the previous version I had "twentyfirst" laid in white sideways over the 1 in the 21... After I printed it out I thought it'd be a little distracting so I removed it... I think it may work a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment